Paradox Interactive, a developer and publisher of triumphant games, revealed details about upcoming content for Age of Wonders 4, the newest installment in the iconic fantasy strategy game series from Triumph Studios.
Age of Wonders 4, which will launch on May 2, 2023 for PC, PlayStation®5, and Xbox Series X and S, is available in a Premium Edition on all platforms, including additional in-game cosmetic options and the game’s Expansion Pass, providing players with two upcoming content packs and two upcoming full expansions at a bundled discount.
A new story trailer, showing the return of the terrifying Wizard Kings, was released today to set the stage for the game’s upcoming launch. Pre-orders for both editions are available starting today on all platforms from the game’s website: https://www.
Age of Wonders 4 invites players to rule a fantasy realm of their own design, in a blend of strategy, role-playing, and turn-based combat. Powerful Wizard Kings have returned to the realms to reign as gods among mortals, and players will rise to challenge their rule using Tomes of Magic to unleash arcane destruction and evolve their armies, gaining new abilities and forms. For the first time in the series, players can create their own custom factions, and leave their mark on countless worlds through each choice they make.
In the Age of Wonders 4 Expansion Pass, players will receive the following content:
- Archmage Attire: The Wizards of Magehaven dress to impress, representing their grand personalities and ambitions. This outfit pack unlocks a new set of clothing you can wear as a whole, or to be mixed and matched with other in-game items. The Archmage Attire pack will be available instantly with the launch of Age of Wonders 4 for all Premium Edition players.
- Dragon Dawn: Embrace the power of the Ancient Dragon Lords in the Age of Wonders 4: Dragon Dawn Content Pack. From your Dragon Throne, forge empires inhabited by reptilian minions and use draconic magic to evolve your people into dragon hybrids. This content pack includes a new Dragon Ruler type, a Reptilian Form, and New Tomes of Magic, and will launch in Q3 2023.
- Empires and Ashes: The empires of mortals resurge after the devastation brought forth by the Wizard Kings! In the Age of Wonders 4: Empires and Ashes Expansion, players fuse magic and steel to unleash devastating war machines to drive the Godir back into the Astral Sea. This full expansion, slated for launch in Q4 2023, includes a new Culture, new Tomes of Magic, new Empire Building options and a new Story Realm.
- Primal Fury: Channel Nature’s Spirits in the Age of Wonders 4: Primal Fury Content Pack. Create races using new beastly forms and a primeval culture, with new Tomes of Magic that tap nature’s hidden powers and the Fey realms. Your surroundings will be able to contain new forms of wildlife, creatures and bountiful resources. Primal Fury will become available in Q1 2024.
- Eldritch Realms: The Age of Wonders 4: Eldritch Realms Expansion opens portals to realms filled with arcane marvels and unspeakable horrors. New forces threaten the rule of the Godir of Magehaven. With new strange monsters, new racial forms, magical realms and locations, this full expansion will bring a new dimension to the game in Q2 2024.
In addition, pre-orders of both the Standard and Premium Editions of Age of Wonders 4 will award players with an additional ruler and armor set: Aric Rex, a Tigran High King, and his elegant Lion Plate armor, Imperial Cape and Athlan Crown. Age of Wonders 4 can be pre-ordered today for a suggested retail price of $49.99 / £41.99 / €49.99 for the Standard Edition, and $89.99 / £74.99 / €89.99 for the Premium Edition.
For more information about Age of Wonders 4, visit https://www.