Atari® — one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers — is pleased to announce today that Atari Mania, the minigame mashup that features Atari’s roster of beloved characters, is now available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
In Atari Mania, players face off against the dreaded “dead pixels,” agents of chaos who aim to corrupt the beloved Atari titles of decades’ past.
“Atari Mania found a home on PC, Nintendo Switch, and Atari VCS last year, and we’re thrilled to be able to bring the game to PlayStation,” said Wade Rosen, Atari CEO. “With all of the improvements and updates the game has received for the PlayStation launch, players across all platforms are going to get a revitalized experience with all of the fun and mayhem the initial version delivered.”
Atari Mania is a fun, retro-fueled mashup of classic Atari titles that pays homage to the company’s role in video game history — timed perfectly for Atari’s 50th Anniversary. Acting as the Caretaker of the Atari Vault, players journey through corrupted, mixed-up versions of classic titles, beating microgames in order to restore order.
Along the way, players will come across familiar faces…but with all the chaos, are they friend or foe? Overcome the challenging minigames, defeat the “dead pixels” in grueling boss battles,and maybe even discover some easter eggs in this romp through pure Atari minigame bliss!
- Manic Mashups: Over 150 microgames inspired by the breadth of Atari’s decades-spanning catalog from Asteroids to Yars’ Revenge. Fight back Centipedes with a Pong paddle while the iconic Adventure dragon hunts you down! It’s crossover madness in the best way possible!
- Excellent Exploration: Solve tricky puzzles and utilize clever tools to progress through the Vault and discover classically-inspired Atari Easter Eggs.
- Pixel-Perfect Pizzaz: A charming neo-retro art update to the classic Atari 2600 style is completed by a soundtrack of retro-inspired jams.
- Characters Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Go face to antennae with some of the greatest games and characters in video game history. Trust us — you’ll never think of Bentley Bear the same way again!
- Treasure Trove of Atari History: Collectibles abound, including vintage Atari art, posters, manuals, and fun facts. Fully playable versions of remastered Atari classics are unlocked by completing cheeky challenges.
Developed by Montreal-based game design studio Illogika, Atari Mania is available now for $24.99 on PlayStation 4|5, Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, and Atari VCS.