Bitwave Games, a video game developer and publisher specialising in retro entertainment and part of Embracer Freemode, announced today the launch of the much anticipated second instalment of the Toaplan shmup saga, with the Toaplan Arcade Shoot ‘Em Up Collection Vol.2 blasting onto Steam and GOG today!
Reloaded with a second helping of arcade shooter classics, the Toaplan Arcade Shoot ‘Em Up Collection Vol.2 features a treasure-trove of hits from the masters at Toaplan, each title a master-class of the genre. Building on the already released Vol.1, Bitwave Games continues to craft the collection with care, listening closely to feedback of the shooting game community to deliver a polished collection of hits, curated by the fans for the fans.
All killer with no filler, the titles available as part of Vol.2 include:
- Hellfire – Toaplan’s first side-scrolling shooter, Hellfire features stunning graphics and a rock-heavy soundtrack, so if you can’t handle the heat at least you’ll go down in headbanging style.
- Flying Shark – Ride through the skies as they burn in a rain of armor-piercing bullets and experience Toaplan’s arcade shooter Flying Shark (AKA Sky Shark).
- Slap Fight – Buckle up and fight computing power with the only power that counts: FIREPOWER! Toaplan’s 1986 vertical shooter Slap Fight (AKA Alcon) boasts gauge-based power-ups and strategic gameplay.
- Fire Shark – An evil powerful military force is about to take over not only a small country, but the whole world… so get ready for classic shoot-‘em-up action in Toaplan’s Fire Shark.
Like Vol.1 before it, the new collection adds a plethora of quality-of-life improvements, enhancing the action for modern gamers, while being careful not to disrupt the finely tuned balance which makes each game so thrilling to play. From minimal input lag and pixel perfect or full screen scaling, to quick save, practice mode and Steam Achievements, Toaplan Arcade Shoot ‘Em Up Collection Vol.2 is ideal for the novice and expert alike, and as a new addition to the collection, a Mirror Mode has been added, allowing a new dimension of challenge for even seasoned shmup professionals! Additional features include:
- Minimal Input Lag: Emulation, input processing, and rendering all complete on the same frame
- Online leaderboards for Single Credit, No Assist, and Assisted plays
- Instrument panels with extra gameplay information and artwork
- Rewind the game between 10-18 minutes, depending on the action
- Experience the game in Mirror Mode
- Assist Features such as auto-fire at multiple rates
- Very Easy Mode: Lower the difficulty to breeze through the adventure
- Rotate the gameplay in 90-degree increments
- Choose between Raw Input on Windows or Steam Input
- Hone your skills in the ultra-customizable practice mode
“The positive response we received for the first collection of Toaplan classics blew us away, exceeding our expectations and proving how esteemed these titles are in the shmup community. We’re so excited to bring our second selection of classics to gamers, where the quality of the titles is, if anything even higher than Vol.1”, said Niklas Istenes, CEO of Bitwave Games, “We can’t wait to see the scores lighting up the Leaderboards and as we reach the halfway mark in our planned collection, we look forward to continuing our work in bringing these much loved titles to modern gamers.”
Toaplan Arcade Shoot ‘Em Up Collection Vol.2 is available via Steam and GOG from today.
For more information on Bitwave Games, please visit: https://www.bitwavegames.com/