Horror fans rejoice! In advance of the global release of Layers of Fear (2023) this coming June, Bloober Team and Anshar Studios are thrilled to share new gameplay footage showcasing the game’s performance on Unreal Engine 5, including brand-new mechanics and stunning visual enhancements.
Layers of Fear (2023) will be one of the first titles ever released on Unreal Engine 5, and was built from the ground-up to maximize all of the engine’s performance capabilities, creating a holistic, immersive horror experience with unparalleled technical specifications. Check out the new gameplay demonstration below!
In an accompanying statement, Anshar Studios Lead Programmer Tomasz Bilnicki, said that “Creating games with Unreal Engine 5 is a great opportunity for the whole team, as it means our game development process can skyrocket in quality. It has an incredible power when it comes to the implementation of dynamic lighting, shadows, and potentially beautiful worlds for players to explore.” He added, “We hope that—thanks to the engine—we’ll provide players with the unique, immersive, visually stunning and atmospheric experience in graphical fidelity.”
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat