Team17 and Polish games studio Covenant.dev, developer of the upcoming dark fantasy strategy title Gord, have today announced ‘Into the Gord’, a behind-the-scenes video series exploring the origins, design, and gameplay of the studio’s debut title.
The first episode ‘The Birth of Gord’, which examines the inspiration for the game with Gord Game Director and CEO of Covenant.dev, Stan Just, is available to watch now.
The remaining episodes of the ‘Into the Gord’ series will be released in the coming weeks and will include in-depth discussions with artists, writers and gameplay designers from the Gord development team. Dark fantasy enthusiasts can stay tuned to the Team17 YouTube channel to ensure they don’t miss the next episode.
Episode 1 – The Birth of Gord
Delve into the inspiration and development of the upcoming dark fantasy strategy game with Game Director, Stan Just.
Episode 2 – Visual Design (coming soon)
From design to concept to game, join Lead Concept Artist Tomasz Larek for a journey through Gord’s art and design and discover what goes into creating the striking look for Covenant.dev’s punishing and foreboding world.
Episode 3 – The Chronicle (coming soon)
Join Writer Anna Sokalska for an exploration of Gord’s story and deep lore, as well as the game’s unique take on Slavic mythology and dark fantasy.
Episode 4 – The Villagers (coming soon)
Explore Gord’s distinctive combination of city building, community management and psychological horror with Lead Designer Michał Nonas.
Episode 5 – Enter the Gord (coming soon)
Delve into the gameplay of Gord and see what’s to come in Covenant.dev’s intricate offering of systems, quests and upgrades.
In Gord, players will lead the Tribe of the Dawn as they strive to establish new settlements – the titular gords – and explore eerie forbidden lands while interacting with horrific creatures and deities inspired by Slavic folklore. Players will have to complete quests to grow the tribe’s gords and fortify them from invaders while managing a populace whose personal stories, familial ties, and well-being, can have devastating impact on the survival of their communities.
Gord Key Features
- Dark Fantasy Strategy: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy, real-time strategy campaign
- Build and Survive: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Unleash Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour, each with custom animations
- Custom Scenarios with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather