Team17 Digital has today announced that its upcoming, in-house developed black comedy slasher-adventure, Killer Frequency, will be arriving on Steam and Meta Quest 2 on 1st June.
Also revealed for today is that console players will be able to tune in too, with Killer Frequency launching on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox on the same day.
Set during the 1980s in a Midwestern US town where a serial killer is on the loose, Killer Frequency follows Forrest Nash, a washed-up DJ and presenter of the ‘The Scream’ late night show, as he tries to help listeners and callers stalked by a mysterious masked murderer.
As the gruesome night unfolds, interact with callers to the show using a variety of conversation options while listening carefully for clues and information, solve puzzles around the studio that could help prevent their grisly demise, and keep the show going with tunes inspired by the decade. In Killer Frequency, death can come easy but is never assured, so it’s up to you to help Forrest prevent the slaughter, discover the killer’s true identity, and keep the grooves going until dawn.
Killer Frequency Key Features
- Stay on air: Take control of the switchboard and explore an authentic 1980s radio studio as you guide the fates of your late-night listeners stalked by a mysterious killer
- Stop the slaughter: Take calls from potential victims while gathering clues, making decisions, and solving satisfying puzzles that could help each caller survive the night
- Unmask the killer: Interact with a variety of larger-than-life personalities including callers, potential suspects, and a charismatic producer while jamming to a jukebox of 1980s-inspired tunes
- All can live or die: Choose from a variety of conversation options to interact with callers – will you guide them to safety or broadcast their last moments live on air?
- Play on flatscreen and in VR: Built from the ground-up for Meta Quest 2 at 72 frames-per-second for a latency-free experience, and available in flatscreen mode on Steam and consoles.
Killer Frequency is being developed internally by Team17 Digital and will launch on 1st June for PC, Meta Quest 2, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox. To keep up to date with all things Killer Frequency, wishlist the game on Steam now, like it on Facebook, and follow along on Twitter.