Firestoke is excited to announce that their action-packed, pixel art 2D platformer Planet Cube: Edge from developer Sunna Entertainment launches today on Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch, and will be coming to the Epic Games Store soon.
Planet Cube: Edge throws players into a peaceful, cube-shaped world disrupted by an unknown force. While most cubes run to the nearest exit, one square-headed lab technician named Edge finds it in himself to save the world with his abilities to shoot, jump, and dash. In this high-speed, high-skill platforming action, quick responses and unlimited respawns will see you battle through hordes of invading enemies. In a bid to save the world, players will find themselves navigating through an underwater science facility, packed full of enemies and perils aplenty.
Sunna Entertainment’s epic is set across eight, beautifully hand-crafted pixel art levels, and filled with quirky and memorable characters. Planet Cube: Edge is a classic combination of being easy to learn but hard to master, delivering the kind of addictive ‘just one more go’ flow that players thrive on.
“We’re so excited to finally share Planet Cube: Edge with the world. The moment we set eyes upon the world of Planet Cube our team was mesmerised! Combining an eye-catching visual style with brutally fun game-play we were soon hooked,” said Paul Farley, CEO of Firestoke. “Sunna Entertainment have crafted a delightful slice of retro gaming fun that we hope indie gamers will love just as much as we do.”
Planet Cube: Edge includes:
- A Hero’s Journey: Play as Edge, an unlikely hero who is thrown into the midst of a mysterious alien invasion that threatens his homeworld.
- Precision Platforming: Fast-paced, precision platforming that is easy to learn but tricky to master. Hand-tailored challenges will test your skills as you navigate the facility.
- Epic Boss Fights: Four gigantic bosses which test your skill, reflexes, and determination!
- Tough But Fair: Regular checkpoints, immediate respawns, and unlimited attempts provide an accessible precision platforming experience.
- Level Variety: Traverse and dash through 8 levels including a high-tech underwater weapons facility, submerged rooms, train stations, and surface structures.
- A Visual Treat: Meticulously handcrafted pixel art which is stunning in motion with high frame rate animations and memorable character designs.
- Leaderboards: Battle your way to the top of the leaderboards by beating the community’s runs.