The first ever major Fortnite LAN event in the UK, Red Bull Contested, is set to take over the iconic McEwan Hall in Edinburgh for one action-packed day on June 10th 2023, with tickets to go on general sale on April 10th.
The Fortnite build tournament will invite some of the competitive scene’s biggest global stars to Scotland, including Martin “MrSavage” Foss Andersen, Harry “Veno” Pearson, Thomas “Th0masHD” Høxbro Davidsen, Jaden “Wolfiez” Ashman and Zachariah “Pinq” Siddall to test their skills in a unique solos format that rewards aggressive play and a truly clutch mentality.
A unique solos Fortnite format created specifically for Red Bull Contested will see the world’s best players battle across eight intense rounds, but with an additional twist on the traditional points system. For the final four rounds, eliminations will be worth double points, forcing players to adopt new aggressive strategies to stay in the hunt for the crown, while also incentivising the lower-ranked players to play more aggressively, promising fans an unforgettable finale.
Promising an intense and memorable experience for a live audience, the list of invited players includes Norwegian Fortnite superstar Martin “MrSavage” Foss Andersen. MrSavage is joined by other top Fortnite players from around the world, including FNCS: C3S2 winner Harry “Veno” Pearson, runner-up in the FNCS Major 1: C4S1 Grand Finals Thomas “Th0masHD” Høxbro Davidsen, Fortnite prodigy and Red Bull Player Jaden “Wolfiez” Ashman, who was the youngest ever esports player to reach $1m in earnings as well as Champion of the Gamers8 2022 tournament Zachariah ‘Pinq’ Siddall.
Continuing the roster of elite Red Bull Contested talent to compete includes six-time FNCS finalist Jackson “Eomzo” Fretz, who is joined by Reuben “Nebs” Belisle, who took home fourth place in the 2021 FNCS: All-Star Showdown, alongside two separate European first-place FNCS winners, with C3S1 Grand Finals winner Aleksa “Queasy” Cvetkovic, and C2S2 Grand Finals Alexandre “Andilex” Christophe also making their way to the tournament. Manchester City esports player Sebastian “Trippernn” Sommer Kjaer will also be competing at Red Bull Contested.
Looking ahead to the event, Red Bull Player and Fortnite professional, Jaden “Wolfiez” Ashman said: “This event is going to be massive for Fortnite in the UK – the best players all here for a major tournament, and with a proper Red Bull twist, there hasn’t been anything like it here.”
Open online qualifiers for UK and EU amateur players are set to take place on the 20th and 21st May 2023 for the final wild card spots in the tournament, offering amateur players from across both regions a chance to challenge the world’s best in a competitive space.
Red Bull Contested will be broadcast live on Red Bull’s Twitch and YouTube channels, while some of the top players will also be streaming on their accounts.
Tickets for the Red Bull Contested Finals at McEwan Hall will be available to purchase from April 10 on redbull.co.uk/contested
The list of confirmed players so far includes:
- Martin ‘MrSavage’ Foss Andersen
- Harry “Veno” Pearson
- Thomas “Th0masHD” Høxbro Davidsen
- Jaden “Wolfiez” Ashman
- Zachariah “Pinq” Siddall
- Jackson “Eomzo” Fretz
- Reuben “Nebs” Belisle
- Aleksa “Queasy” Cvetkovic
- Alexandre “Andilex” Christophe
- Sebastian “Trippernn” Sommer Kjaer
The sub-brand of AOC, and a global leader in gaming monitors, AGON by AOC, returns to join the Red Bull Gaming universe once again, bringing the event to life and providing cutting-edge hardware for the esports tournament. As the official Monitor Partner for 2023, AGON by AOC will provide top-notch high-performance gaming monitors for the ultimate gaming experience for contestants. High refresh rates and short response times mean competitors will have the best in-game experience.
- The first major Fortnite LAN tournament in the UK, Red Bull Contested, will invite the world’s best Fortnite players to Scotland to compete in a unique battle royale tournament
- Invited professional players include Martin “MrSavage” Foss Andersen, Harry “Veno” Pearson, Thomas “Th0masHD” Høxbro Davidsen, Jaden “Wolfiez” Ashman and Zachariah “Pinq” Siddall
- Taking place on the 10th June in Edinburgh’s iconic McEwan Hall, the 100-player solos LAN will take place in front of a live audience
- The unique format offers a twist on the traditional points system that rewards aggressive play and strategic contesting in the final four rounds to guarantee a thrilling finale.
- Tickets for Red Bull Contested will go on general sale from 10th April at redbull.co.uk/contested
- Open online qualifiers for UK and EU players are set to be held on the 20th and 21st May 2023 for the final wild-card spots
- Red Bull Contested will be broadcast live on Red Bull’s Twitch and YouTube channels
- AGON by AOC is the official Monitor Partner for Red Bull Contested
More Red Bull Gaming
- Web: https://redbull.com/
gaming and https://redbull. com/esports
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Instagram: https://www.
- Facebook: https://www.