The deadly game of ‘ring a ring of roses’ just got deadlier. Because nothing says holiday cheer quite like pulse-pounding bullet-hell action.
Today, indie publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer SmokeStab welcome players back to the gun show, inviting them to arm up and take part in 360° action-platformer Orbital Bullet’s largest update to date! The content update, called “Over 9000,” introduces hundreds of QoL improvements, buffed weapons, and reward system overhauls, making Orbital Bullet’s fast-paced SHMUP gameplay more fluid than ever.
Available on PC via Steam and GOG, and recently released on Nintendo Switch, Orbital Bullet features high-octane, bullet-hell gameplay set in vibrant, procedurally generated environments packed with enemies sure to make your trigger finger itch. Gear up and take on the nefarious Dread Corporation, or go out guns blazing!
As showcased in the developer’s full changelog, the “Over 9000” update chiefly implements feedback from players; the main focus of this cumulative update is fixing persistent performance issues and implementing suggested changes made by the community. In addition to gameplay improvements, Smokestab has added new endgame content, weapon and enemy modifiers, visual effects, loot rewards, and various early-game improvements to help new players progress faster through the game.
Players can now enjoy an updated skill tree, Golden Weapon improvements, and a whole host of overhauls added to the Eternity Tower game mode, which features a relentless ‘Endless Mode’ for those seeking something a little more…chaotic.
Key Features of Orbital Bullet:
- Nothing ‘Rosie’ About This Ring: A unique 2.5D ring-shaped world offers a one-of-a-kind setting fresh for the genre with rotating 360° level design. Make the most satisfying long-range curved snipes you’ve ever made, or blast and shred enemies with a load from the Hyper Shotgun.
- Bullets and Body Mods: No rogue-lite is complete without all sorts of nifty upgrades, mods, skill trees, and heavy weapons to keep your sci-fi fustigator strapped and ready for action; enhance your character’s vigor by unlocking permanent upgrades such as the Combo System, the Medi-Backpack, or a stronger starting weapon.
- Stay Classy: Four meticulously crafted classes can be unlocked by solving challenging puzzles and include epic abilities per class, such as the turret-wielding Engineer or the fire-fueled Hellion.
- Intense Arcade Action: A game that defines “one more run”, Orbital Bullet throws you into the fray with fierce, frenetic action. Jump, dodge, and shoot your way through hordes of enemies as you wind your way around several beautiful and unique biomes.
- No Time to Relax: Instant level transitions upon completion of a stage keep the mayhem flowing and your trigger finger dialed; no more interrupting the rhythm with cutscenes or hub worlds!
Orbital Bullet is available on Nintendo Switch for £17.99 GBP / €17.99 EUR and on PC via Steam and GOG for £13.49 GBP / €16.99 EUR. Sticking to the company’s philanthropic roots, the publisher offers a special ‘Save The World Edition’ on PC for £21.99 GBP / €26.99 EUR. The special edition includes the pulse-pounding official soundtrack, with 10% of the revenue being donated to the non-profit organization Ocean Cleanup which develops advanced technologies to rid the oceans of plastic and waste.