Glee-Cheese and Team17 Digital have today revealed rhythm-based battle royale game Headbangers Rhythm Royale will launch into Xbox Game Pass for Xbox and PC on 31st October.
Also coming to PC, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, and PlayStation 5 on the same day, Headbangers Rhythm Royale invites players to tap, flap, and rap their way to victory in a series of manic musical mini-games against 29 other player controlled pigeons, finally answering the age-old question, ‘What is going on in their head?’
The answer to this question, as any self-respecting pigeon will tell you, is music, and players will jump talon first into a mix of mini games that test their memory, rhythm, reflexes, reaction time, and ability to rap, showcasing their im-peck-able memory skills by copying the commanders’ instructions in Yes Commander; playing the piano with a slingshot (yes really) in First Piano Shooter; being first off the mark and into the solar system in To The Sky; and much, much more across all 23 minigames.
Flocking together is a pigeons second favourite past time (after headbanging), and with cross platform online multiplayer, no pigeon is too near (or too far) to join in on the Headbangers Rhythm Royale fun, regardless of their platform of choice. With hundreds of customisable options purchasable with yummy breadcrumbs earned in game by being crowned the Master Headbanger, players can prune and perfect their pigeon, combining everything from leopard print leotards and western hats, to shark heads and … television bodies before they soar down onto the dancefloor.
Headbangers Rhythm Royale Key Features
· Ruffle feathers: Memory, rhythm, reflexes, and reaction times will be put to the test across 23 minigames, each with their own unique musical twist
· Preen away: With hundreds of unique items to choose from, including full outfits, hats, glasses, voices, and taunts, players can take the top spot and fluff their feathers with their very own personalised pigeon
· Peck and earn breadcrumbs: Challenges and unlockable customisations await in the free in-game battle pass, with players able to spend their hard-earned crumbs to help them be the most stylish pigeon in the flock
· Cross-flock support: Play with up to 29 other pigeons with crossplay enabled, friends and frenemies alike can battle in musical madness regardless their gaming platform of choice
· Talon tapping music: With unique scores across each minigame, loading screen, and pigeon accessory menu, the party never stops with the bespoke scores written and created by the Glee-Cheese team.