The game was previously released on Steam, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S in the fall of 2023.
Torn Away is an award winning interactive story with a unique blend of adventure games, side-scrollers, and cinematic first-person levels.
Torn Away combines adventure games, side-scrollers, and first-person levels to create an interactive story about a girl who escapes from a Nazi labor camp and tries to find her way back home across war-torn Europe.
You will experience the tragedy of World War II through the eyes of a child and face the challenges of survival, hope, and humanity. Torn Away is a game that will make you feel the emotions of the heroine and appreciate the value of home and family.
- Touching story inspired by the diaries of Soviet children about the hardships of wartime, told through the perspective of a little girl;
- An unfairly forgotten theme of the fate of “Ostarbeiters” — people, who were forcibly deported from Eastern Europe to work in Nazi labor camps;
- Visual language assembled from elements of socialist realism and modern French animation;
- 3D levels stylized as 2D art;
- Original soundtrack inspired by the music of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies, French New Wave cinema and experimental electronic music.