Enter the cold and dark realm of the dead in Tribes of Midgard: Witch Saga, launching today from Norsfell and Gearbox Publishing.
Tribes of Midgard’s latest Saga calls on Einherjar to band together once again, this time in a fight against the goddess Hel.
Witch Saga is available now as a free update on Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Crossplay for Steam, Epic Games Store, and Xbox has also been enabled.
Witch Saga Features:
- Enter the Realm of the Dead: Hel has summoned the Draugr to lead her army of Helthings as she schemes to corrupt the roots of Yggdrasil. Time is of the essence, and to win, you’ll have to take this fight to her domain.
- In the Witch Saga Quest, find the Undergate portal and enter Niflheim at your own risk, as the coldest biome has plenty of tricks up its frigid sleeve.
- Explore the chilly depths of Niflheim, raid ancient stone mausoleums for loot, gain access to unique crafting materials to forge powerful recipes, and challenge the goddess of the underworld to free her prisoner, the fallen god Baldr.
- Farm for Ingredients: In addition to the new Biome, Ancient, and Saga Quest, Witch Saga introduces a farming system which gives Einherjar the ability to plant seeds and cultivate materials they need for crafting. Using the new Shovel tool, players can plant a special material called ‘Essences’ and grow ingredients like stone and iron after a timer.
- Crossplay: Witch Saga debuts cross-platform play for Tribes of Midgard players on Steam, Epic Games Store, and Xbox. Einherjar now have the ability to connect together online to face Hel from different devices—no Runes required.
“It’s our top priority to keep Midgard alive and thriving for our players, so we’ve incorporated plenty of community-inspired improvements and added another page to their Viking legends with the Witch Saga,” said Julian Maroda, CEO and Creative Director of Norsfell. “Norse mythology continues to inspire the growth of the game with an expanding world and bigger, tougher bosses. We can’t wait to see how our Einherjar come together to thwart Hel’s twisted plans.”
Tribes of Midgard is a 1-10 player co-op game with a vibrant blend of survival and action RPG. Experience Norsfell’s creative vision of this bright and colorful world, craft legendary items, grow your home base and embark on an epic journey through procedural realms to face towering creatures hel-bent on unleashing Ragnarök. Your tribe’s might will be tested in two different game modes: a session-based Saga Mode and an endless, sandbox Survival Mode. A variety of objectives, enemies, and areas of exploration offers endless-replayability and fun. For more information on the game, visit www.TribesofMidgard.com