Independent game studio WayForward is XTREMELY XCITED to announce that Xtreme Sports — the genre-busting action-sports-RPG designed by Shantae series director Matt Bozon — is now available in the Nintendo Switch eShop. P
riced at $9.99 and rated E by the ESRB, the Switch version is a pixel-perfect adaptation of the original Game Boy Color release, now with added features such as an art gallery, save states, and several display options.
First released in the year 2000, Xtreme Sports lets players take control of energetic Guppi or her radical boyfriend Fin as they travel to Xtreme Island in an attempt to become the new Xtreme Sports Champion. There are obstacles to avoid, power-ups to utilize, and unique controls to master as they compete in five awesome, adrenaline-pumping events:
- Skateboarding – Race through courses while performing grinds, grabs, spins, and kickflips, then hit the halfpipe for even more chances to earn points!
- Street Luge – A vertically scrolling obstacle course! Build up speed, launch off ramps, avoid hazards, and watch out for sharp turns!
- Surfing – Ride a massive wave, collect stars, and launch from the crest while performing tricks and dodging enemies!
- In-line Skating – A side-scrolling contest against time! Grind rails, jump over or duck under obstacles, and find the best route in each course!
- Skyboarding – Leap from a plane, then collect arrows to perform sick tricks as you plummet through the clouds!
When they aren’t earning medals and challenging opponents like the mischievous Bonehead Gang, players will explore the tropical island for secret paths and hidden challenges in this one-of-a-kind mix of sports, action, adventure, and role-playing.
In addition to the Switch eShop release, Xtreme Sports has also been offered as a physical Switch edition from Limited Run Games, as well as a reproduction cartridge playable on Game Boy Color hardware, both of which should be arriving in players’ hands in the months ahead. For more information about Xtreme Sports and WayForward’s lineup of games, please visit www.wayforward.com and follow @wayforward on Twitter and Facebook.
- The classic action-sports-RPG returns!
- Five XTREME events to learn and conquer: skateboarding, street luge, in-line skating, skyboarding, and surfing!
- Enjoy the in-depth Story Mode or jump straight into the action with Practice Mode for a quick arcade-style fix!
- More than 400 competitors to defeat!
- Chug Twitchy Shake power ups to gain an edge in each event!
- Explore Xtreme Island to meet NPCs, find hidden medals, and discover secrets!
- Fantastic character designs from the makers of Shantae!
- Updated for Switch with a mini art gallery, save states, and multiple display options!Enter your description