Now celebrating 15 years as the worldwide leader in videogame pinball, Zen Studios has announced that its all-new Pinball FX will debut on consoles in February 2023, complete with advanced features and more than 70 tables at launch – including the Pinball FX series’ digital debut of the bestselling physical table of all time, Williams™ Pinball: The Addams Family.
This console release includes Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, with Nintendo Switch coming later in 2023. Also in February, Pinball FX graduates from early access to full release on the Epic Games Store, where player feedback has helped Zen refine its new long-term digital pinball platform since March.
Zen also announced it will continue to bolster the early access library with the December 15 releases of Peanuts Snoopy Pinball and the DreamWorks Animated Pinball Collection (Trolls, How to Train Your Dragon and Kung-Fu Panda) for the Epic Games Store.
Pinball FX evolves the world’s leading digital pinball brand with stellar original tables as well as many based on entertainment’s biggest brands, allowing players to customize their own 3D dream game room – the Pin Hall – full of collectibles and rewards unlocked by playing the game. Pinball simulation is now powered by Unreal Engine and features Pro Physics, 4K HDR visuals, and ray tracing. In the months and years following Pinball FX’s initial release, players can expect exciting new features – most notably Pinball Royale, a frantically exciting multiplayer action mode incorporating battle royale-style gameplay.
Meanwhile, The Addams Family introduces the 1992 bestselling physical pinball machine ever released to the Pinball FX family for the first time ever. Like all other Williams tables brought home thanks to Zen, this includes both a perfect simulation and – switchable at the touch of a button – an enhanced version complete with 3D character models and dazzling visual effects only possible in a video game.
Early access at the Epic Games Store has influenced Pinball FX in several ways, including these notable changes that will take effect across all platforms with the console launch in February:
- Tables will be purchased in multi-table packs from first-party stores rather than through the purchase of individual tables using in-game currency, as has been used throughout early access. Pinball Pass – which enables unlimited access to almost every table via monthly subscription – will continue to use the in-game currency system.
- Major Pinball FX game features including Tournaments, Seasonal Events, Pro Mode, Friends Score Chase and Leaderboards will be cross-platform enabled.
- Pinball Pass is going cross-commerce! Access your Pinball Pass subscription on any platform that supports Pinball Pass.
Pinball FX New Content Release Details:
- Williams™ Pinball: The Addams Family will be released for Pinball FX on Xbox, PlayStation and the Epic Game Store in February 2023 for $9.99, and free to download for Pinball Pass subscribers.
- DreamWorks Animated Pinball Collection featuring Trolls, How to Train Your Dragon, and Kung-Fu Panda will release for Pinball FX early access on Dec. 15, 2022, for $14.99, and free to download for Pinball Pass subscribers. These tables are currently available in Zen Pinball Party on Apple Arcade.
- Peanuts Snoopy Pinball will release for Pinball FX early access on Dec. 15, 2022, for 60 in-game tickets, and free to download for Pinball Pass subscribers. This table is currently available for Zen Pinball Party on Apple Arcade.