Today, publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer Abylight Studios have released the console Xbox and PlayStation versions of its unique business simulation game, Prison Tycoon: Under New Management! In this new take on a tycoon-genre classic, players are challenged with building and managing a correctional facility to provide rehabilitation for the incarcerated.
The console versions include the core game and the recently released Roll Call DLC & Maximum Security DLC as well as a creative mode to customize your own unique prisons. Players will now be able to customize their prisons with unlimited money to try out all of the unique therapies, staff, and decorations that Prison Tycoon has to offer.
Prison Tycoon: Under New Management reboots the series with a different take on designing, constructing, and maintaining a successful correctional facility. With a focus on rehabilitation over punishment, players must maintain a balance of services and security as they strive to run and grow their facility. They will need to secure funding from state agencies, manage the flow of resources, and keep both inmates and staff happy, all while providing proper care for their charges. Whether constructing a new cell block or integrating a VR therapy room, players must maximize their investments to successfully build and operate their facility.
The Nintendo Switch version of Prison Tycoon: Under New Management arrives on Thursday, February 9th.
- Rehabilitate and Release: Evaluate inmates, then provide the therapies that will help with their rehabilitation, from zero gravity rooms to VR therapy
- Five Distinct Environments: Select from tropical, tundra, taiga (boreal forest), swamp, or desert biomes, each with its own environmental challenges
- Build From Your Own Blueprints: Design every room, path, checkpoint, office, and cell block
- Hire Experts: Evaluate and hire staff to serve 12 different roles in running and maintaining your facility
- Secure and Protect: Maintain a secure facility using guards, cameras, watchtowers, and checkpoints
- Create your own vision: Creative mode allows players to customize their prisons to its maximum potential with unlimited money
Want to know more? Check out the “Five Things You Didn’t Know About Prison Tycoon: Under New Management,“ blog available here.