You thought the World Cup was the biggest soccer-related story right now? Think again! No More Robots (Descenders, Hypnospace Outlaw) and PanicBarn (Not Tonight) are officially launching Soccer Story, a comedy open-world RPG about saving the world with a soccer ball today!
Sure, we’ve seen a few upsets this World Cup so far, but if you really want to see upset, you should see what happens after you beat Toddler FC 5-1. Now THAT’s upset – Mike Rose
Of course, there are two offsides to every story, so let’s give the obviously cartoonishly evil soccer-deniers the benefit of the doubt and let the story unfold.
- Drop your soccer ball and play anywhere! The world is full of goals, puzzles and secrets – it’s up to you to find them!
- Play a single-player story full of quirky characters, quests, rogue refs, and wacky soccer-adjacent sports
- Build your soccer career and do battle against the fiercest soccer teams like literal sharks, toddlers, old-age pensioners, and ninjas
- Save soccer and restore peace and harmony to the world
- Grab a friend for a four-player local multiplayer match mode with a full roster of teams and animal captains
- FISHING MINIGAME