Dungeon Alchemist, The AI-powered mapmaking application for fantasy games, will launch its third big content update on January 31st.
The Winter Wonderland content update will be available at no extra cost to all owners of Dungeon Alchemist on Steam! Let it snow and cover all outside objects in a cosy white blanket, or add brand new winter-theme assets like snowmen, ice thrones or whatever strikes your fancy. With over 500 new assets and a set of shiny new features, mapmakers can get more creative than ever before!
In 2021, Wim De Hert and Karel Crombecq ran a Kickstarter campaign to fund the concept of an AI-powered mapmaking application and promptly raised €2.4 million, making it one of the top ten most-funded boardgame Kickstarter projects of all time.
Dungeon Alchemist has since elevated TTRPG players’ role-playing experience to the next level, and has grown a community of over 100.000 users that share their creations which each other, inspiring them to create ever more impressive maps.
About Dungeon Alchemist
Dungeon Alchemist is an AI-powered mapmaking application with a fantasy theme that enables you to make high-quality content in just a few clicks! Simply pick a theme, start drawing, and Dungeon Alchemist creates detailed maps you can print, share, or use in your favourite Virtual Tabletop Application. It uses an AI algorithm to place walls, floors, objects and lighting, so you can focus on getting creative with the details.
- AI-powered mapmaking: Dungeon Alchemist’s AI dynamically populates the rooms you draw. It adds doors, walls, lighting, furniture and objects on the fly, so you can concentrate on experimenting and having fun!
- Pick the theme: Change an entire room’s theme with the click of a button or handpick your own desired setting; from dark crypts to abandoned mansions, or perhaps you’re feeling festive and would like a gingerbread house?
- Customize to your liking: Add, move, scale and replace objects until your map is exactly the way you want it. Dungeon Alchemist has an ever-growing library of thousands of objects for you to choose from.
- Realtime 3D terrain manipulation: Raise or lower terrain, draw paths & rivers and explore mountains, canyons, hills, islands and more.
- You are the artist: Import your own drawings or images into maps & paintings to really personalize your world.
- Explore from all angles: Change from top-down view to 3D or drop a character token on the map to explore the world through your players’ eyes.
- Print or use in Virtual TableTop apps: Once you’re happy with your map, you can print it out for a local role-playing session or easily import it to your favourite VTT application.
About the Winter Wonderland update
- Over 500 new assets: Including winter-themed eye-catchers like an ice throne, sleighs and a snow golem. Bringing the total amount of assets to 3000+
- Let it snow: A brand new snowy terrain type and a snow overlay effect that covers all outside objects in snow.
- New effects menu: Add fire, mist, will-o-wisps and other cool things to your map with an easy brush!
- Import your own objects: want to spruce up the place with a custom .png image? It’s now possible!
- Video export: You can now export a 30-second looping video of your map.
- + Many more new features & improvements!