Publisher and developer Rocket Panda Games announced today Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Ultimate for PC and consoles, rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5, this remarkable game stands as a complete remaster of the beloved original beat’em up, “Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds,” first introduced in 2013.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Ultimate revitalizes the classic anime brawler with enhanced visuals, improved gameplay mechanics, and an array of exciting new features, making this the definitive version of the game. Fans of the original and newcomers alike will be immersed in a captivating world of action and adventure like never before.
“We’re beyond thrilled to present Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Ultimate to both longtime fans and new players. Our team has poured passion and dedication into this remaster, with the goal of creating an unforgettable beat’em up experience.” said Gail Salamanca, co-founder Rocket Panda Games. “The original game garnered a dedicated fan base, and we are confident that the Ultimate edition will exceed their expectations and introduce the beloved franchise to a broader audience.”
A mysterious man known as the Phantom has awakened and hatches a plan to unseal his dark powers. By giving ancient weapons known as the F.A. (Fu-mension Artifacts) to youths with special abilities, he convinces them to battle each other with the promise to grant the wishes of the victors. However, each time the Fu-mension Artifacts are used in battle, they create a rift between parallel worlds, which will inevitably unseal the Phantom’s powers.
Waka, the daughter of the Kumon Family, a clan tasked with protecting the world from the Phantom, and her friend Mikoto, attempt to stop him. However, in an alternate timeline the Phantom manages to escape and kidnaps Waka’s younger sister, Nagi. Waka and Mikoto, along with Itsuki, self-proclaimed “Arbiter of Justice” and Yuzuha, a ninja unpersuaded by the lure of the Phantom, set off to rescue Nagi and stop his nefarious plan.
- Revamped Gameplay: Experience smoother, more fluid gameplay with retuned battle system, ensuring that every punch, kick, and special move is executed with precision.
- Co-op and Online Multiplayer: Team up with friends in local co-op or challenge up to 8 fighters from around the world cross-platform.
- Playable Enemy Characters: Take on the role of powerful adversaries from the Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds universe, each with their own distinct combat styles and abilities in Arcade Mode.
- Original Soundtrack Remastered: An all new soundtrack has been added to immerse yourself in the game’s dynamic atmosphere and also includes all of the tracks from the original and Overdrive.
- Phantom Breakers All-Girl J-Rock Band Debut: All new opening song performed by the Phantom Breakers consisting of the in-universe characters, Mikoto, Waka, Itsuki, Yuzuha and Maestra.
The Phantom Breaker series originally started out as a traditional 2D fighting game in 2011 developed by 5pb / MAGES. The beat’em up spin-off game, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds was developed and published by 5pb / MAGES and released in 2013. In March 2022 Rocket Panda Games released Phantom Breaker: Omnia a remaster of Phantom Breaker: Extra, a 2D anime fighting game that features 20 unique characters pitted against one another to make their greatest wishes come true. The game features 2 guest characters, Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate and Rimi Sakihata from Chaos;Head, as well as two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia. In June 2022 Rocket Panda Games acquired the Phantom Breaker IP and is currently exploring new directions for the IP and is committed to maximizing the series’ potential for fans around the world.
About Rocket Panda Games
Yeah, we’re new, but our team has been around the game industry block. We’re gamers and we’re fans, and we want the same things you do: cool games, more options, and a better gaming experience. We’re in the business of fun!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,